Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 17

Someone From Your Childhood
Dear someone from my childhood,
We have been best friends since I was in 3rd grade and you were in 4th. Our moms became best friends and so did our sisters so we did too. We got really close when I was in 4th grade because your mom was my teacher. Every Friday after school either I would go to your house, or you would come to mine and we would have a slumber party. At your house we would stick tape all over your room and then try and get through the maze without touching the tape. We played hide and seek with our sisters, climbed up the doorways, ate tons of lemons and pickles, and drank lots of root beer and cokes. We would always put stickers on our sisters' faces while they were sleeping. We were real pranksters. We would go up to your mom's classroom and play hide and seek throughout the school and push all the desks together to lay on them and watch movies. We took a dance class together. Which was a jazz class. That was quite an experience because I was not good at dancing at all.

When I moved up to be a big 5th grader, my mom took us to school and your dad picked us up. I remember he had the coolest Mustang that went so fast. When he accelerate I would always slam into the back of my seat. Your dad was so funny. It was around this time that your dad cheated on your mom and left yall and your parents got a divorce. I was so shocked and felt so bad for you and Meghan and Terrilin. Yall had just moved into a new house and your mom could not support yall with her teaching job. I tried to be a good friend and be there for you during this tough time but that summer I found out I was moving to the middle of nowhere.

After I moved we still kept in touch. We would send emails and would hang out in the summer. When you got a car you came to get me and we went and got snowcones and swam and hung out at your house. Now that we can both drive we can meet up and hang out easier. Being big college kids, we mostly just talk when we hang out now. Which is fine with me because we both love to talk and I love to hear your stories. You have grown into such a beautiful girl. You are so sweet and smart and funny. Thank you for helping me this past summer with the fear of going into college. You helped ease my concerns and made more excited and less scared. You also helped me make the transition into college since you had already done it the year before and know what its like. You are such an amazing person and  I love you so much Lauren Ashley Holz!

No comments:

Post a Comment